Roller Shutters in Perth
Are you in Perth and looking for roller shutters to increase security, protection, value, and enhance the beauty of your property? We’d love to help you.
Perth Homeguard has over 30 years of experience designing, supplying, installing, and maintaining roller shutters for small, medium, and large buildings in Perth, WA. We offer window roller shutters, indoor and outdoor shutters – all made from Aluminium grade and designed with your investment security in mind.
Types of Roller Shutters
– Manually Operated: For those who have no problem with opening roller shutters by hand. These are more affordable and easier to install.
– Electric: For those who want a quick and convenient entry or exit. Electric roller shutters are among the most popular kind on the market.
– Converting Manual to Electric Roller Shutters: For those looking to upgrade an older manual system to higher quality and longer-lasting unit.
How long does it take for Perth Homeguard to install roller shutters?
Installation time for roller shutters can vary depending on several factors like the size of your space, location, and the style & colour of roller shutters you like. If you deal with a professional team like Perth Homeguard, we can get your shutters installed in as fast as three days.
Why Perth Homeguard roller shutters?
✔️ Anti-Theft & Fire Rated
✔️ Factory Direct Price
✔️ 10 Year Warranty
✔️ Interest-FREE Finance
✔️ Up 40% Savings On Energy Cost
✔️ Easy To Clean & Maintain
✔️ High-Quality & 100% Aussie Made
How do you install roller shutters?
This varies from supplier to supplier. It also depends on the material and type of roller shutter. A manual install is completely different from an electric install. This is not an easy or straightforward process, and you are strongly advised to work with an experienced installation professional. You will likely need the following tools:
- 10mm and 5mm drill bit.
- 5 or 6mm masonry drill bit depending on wall plug size chosen.
- Stainless steel screws.
- Electric components: 1 head box, 2 guides, 2 guide legs, 10mm coloured guide plugs, rivets.
You need to first take all the measurements and ensure the entry is 100% level. Place the roller shutter on the measured outline and drill it in. The roller shutters will have an electric head box as well as guide legs on each side. You still need to work with an electrician for electrical roller shutters. The head box needs to be fixed to the wall on each side. There will be buttons on the end of each axel so you can set the min/max position for the roller shutters. This is a simplified process for quite an intricate install!
Do I need to be home when the roller shutters are installed?
This is preferred for obvious reasons, but it can be arranged that the shutters are installed while you are gone if you are comfortable with this. You don’t need to be there during the entire process, just to show the installation professional where to go initially. It’s best for a professional to conduct a site survey beforehand and to take measurements. Next, the specialist can return with the roller shutters and carry out the installation. The main advantage of being at home is peace of mind, even with a professional you trust it’s good to be at home to supervise the installation. Of course, this may not suit everybody and you might have an appointment to attend to.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roller Shutters
Does Perth Homeguard offer a product warranty?
Yes, we offer an industry-best warranty of up to 10 years. We also guarantee you with:
- Police-licensed Roller Shutter Experts
- Genuine Australian Made Roller Shutters
- Energy & Cost Efficient Products
- In-house Interest-Free Finance – fast and easy approvals with no hidden fees
- Over 30 years of experience in the business with a proven track record
- As a local manufacturer, we offer factory-direct pricing without sacrificing quality.
Do you provide offers for roller shutters?
We offer factory-direct prices and the best offers that you will find. You can also benefit from our 30 years of experience and police-licensed installers. In sum, you will benefit from the peace of mind knowing you are getting the lowest prices possible in terms of roller shutters offers.
Do roller shutters add value to my home?
Definitely! Having roller shutters in your home means added protection and privacy. If ever you decide to sell your house eventually, potential home buyers would prefer a well-protected home
How to choose the right type of roller shutters?
If you’re ready to buy roller shutters, the following steps you need to focus on are:
# 1. identify the types of roller shutters. Do you need residential or commercial roller shutters?
- Residential roller shutter – you want to install a residential roller shutter for entry points like windows, doors, garage doors, patios, sheds, and carports.
- Commercial roller shutter – you can install a commercial roller shutter to secure your shop front or commercial doors.
- Manually operated – manual roller shutter works by rolling or sliding guide channels or tracks upward or downward.
- Automatically Operated or Electric roller shutter – This type of roller shutter can be operated with a click of a button. This is convenient; however, automation won’t work when the power is out – this problem is solved if you have solar panels installed on your property.
#3. Identify areas that require roller shutters
If you are unsure which part of your property requires an added layer of protection, you can always ask us to check your property and conduct an inspection. We can assess your property’s weak points and then provide you with a custom plan that will keep your premise secure for many years to come.
Regardless of your preferences, the best roller shutter to choose should have the following features:
- Bushfire Rated – Tests governed by AS 3959. Bushfire Roller shutters are rated up to BAL-40, the highest rating. No shutter is 100% fireproof, but a BAL-40 shutter will resist as long as possible, also protecting homes from floating embers (one of the biggest dangers in bushfires). Other ratings include BAL-LOW, BAL-12.5, BAL-19, BAL-29, BAL-40, and BAL-FZ.
- Cyclone Rated – Tests governed by AS/NZS 1170 and AS 4040. These shutters undergo cyclone tests in specific conditions. Shutters that resist 2.5 kPa for over 60 seconds are given a ‘Pass’. They are then cyclone-rated shutters. Cyclone shutters must be 4 square metres or less and must have a bottom guide to the full width. Rated up to C4 T5.
- Burglar Tested – A mix of tests as defined by AS 5039 and AS 5041. The official tests are the Dynamic Impact Test, Jemmy Test, Pull Test, Probe Test, Shear Test, and Knife Shear Test. Basically, burglars cannot gain entry unless they have very specialised equipment and a lot of time on their hands.
Do you want to learn more about choosing the best roller shutters for your home? Check our our article about the best roller shutter materials.
How do I clean and maintain my roller shutters at home?
Cleaning and maintaining your roller shutters at home does not have to be grand. A mild detergent and a soft cloth can do the trick. Also, you don’t have to clean it every day. Just make sure to frequently check if your roller shutters are working efficiently and dirt-free.
Can residential roller shutters protect my home from pests?
Absolutely! Australia can be home to invasive pests, but if you have roller shutters, you can add protection from such, especially flying termites! Flying insects are attracted to lights; if you roll down your shutters, lights won’t be visible outside – and no more flying insects will be able to get in your premises. However, if you’re dealing with so many pests, you have to call a pest controller.
Can roller shutters reduce my energy costs at home?
Yes. Having roller shutters at home can keep out harsh weather elements such as heat. It keeps the heat out and stabilises weather conditions inside your home.
Are roller shutters suitable for noise reduction?
Another yes! Roller shutters reduce unnecessary noise coming from outside your home. This is a great deal, especially if you have a sleeping baby around or work on a night shift.
What are security roller shutters?
These are basically security-grade roller shutters. Security roller shutters will ensure that you are completely protected. Of course, this is different from security doors with standardised security testing. Roller shutters are defined as ‘operational plants’ in the legislation and need to be regularly maintained, emphasizing health and safety. Most of them are automatically pretty secure and a big deterrent for criminals. It’s more a question of lock type, size, quality, and mechanism of operation.
Will installing roller shutters increase security on my property?
Roller shutters will undoubtedly increase security – especially to high crime-rated areas – check WA’s most high crime-rated suburbs here.
Roller shutters work as a shield to keep out burglars and invaders, debris, wild animals, insects, and other elements like street noise.
Do you provide Anti Theft Roller Shutters for Crime Rated Areas?
Yes, we do. We have identified the areas in WA that are prone to crimes like burglaries. Visit this page for more info.
I need help installing roller shutters to my home in Mandurah, can you help me?
Yes, we can help you. We cover Perth and its surroundings. We have a team in Mandurah, that can help you straight away if you need help! If you’re looking for a roller shutter company – near you – we are the best team you can count on! Give us a call on (08) 9209 8100.
We provide domestic window roller shutters, manually-operated roller shutters, electric roller shutters, battery-operated roller shutters, & bushfire roller shutters. Each of our roller shutters installation processes is backed up with a 10-year warranty, too!
Do you supply roller shutters to Rockingham?
Yes, we supply, deliver, and install shutters and security products to Rockingham. We cover the whole Perth Metro from Yanchep to Mandurah.
Do roller shutters include a noise-reduction feature?
Yes! One of the benefits of having roller shutters is its noise-reduction feature by up to 80%.
How do roller shutters work?
Roller shutters are the system of interconnected slats, made of aluminium with isolation in between. When closing, the roller shutter slats slide through the tracks on either side, and once rolled down fully they fit snugly against the floor.
You can choose manually operated, battery-operated, & electric shutters that you can access
with just a click on a button in terms of operation.