What are the benefits of installing emergency escape screens
- Privacy: depending on the type of screen you choose, you can also add a degree of privacy to your home, to stop passers-by from being able to see in.
- Adds value: this is the perfect way to add value to your property and make it more appealing when it comes time to sell.
Do emergency escape screens really work?
Because you’re paying for physical barriers and a break-in preventative, emergency escape screens give you a higher level of security. They are heavy duty and made in such a way they can’t be pried open by thieves.
What are emergency escape screens made of?
Window screens are made from either steel (304 or 316) or aluminium. The steel/aluminium is powder-coated to protect against corrosion, though steel is already quite resistant to corrosion. We only use the highest quality steel and aluminium in our products. They also come with additional features such as a stainless steel mesh and triple locking mechanisms. A security device is only as strong as its weakest part.
What are the must-have features?
- 10-year warranty (industry best)
- Top-rated marine grade stainless steel woven mesh
- Top-rated marine grade aluminium sheet punch perforated
- Lockwood triple point security door lock
- Unique fitting & drainage system
- 100% concealed fittings – all screws or rivets are hidden makes it look neat and clean
- Medium and high-level corrosion resistant
- Bushfire rated to BAL29
- Unrestricted Views 125° viewing angle
- Fully customised to your preferences and security needs.
Our products come with a free assessment of your property’s weak points.
Made with Marine Grade 316 stainless steel security mesh
For expert advice call us on (08) 9209 8100 or click here to request for a quote.
What To Look For When Installing This Type of Screens?
There are plenty of features you should be on the lookout for when you shop around for the best screens for your home. Here are some that you should consider:
Strong screen material
Not all materials are created equal. You want one that is made from aluminium, steel or metal for added strength.
Window screens have come a long way and you now have plenty of choices when it comes to choosing the right style for you.
If a company stands by their security door, they’ll offer a guarantee against it, so you know you can trust in their product as well.
What should I consider before purchasing this product from Perth Homeguard?
There are many considerations when purchasing a security screen or door. Perth is in a bushfire area, so you will want to get a door that is resistant to bushfires. You might also want screens that are resistant to cyclones and cyclone debris.
There is a range of customisation options and you can get screens that are child and pet friendly. The most important consideration is the security features and that they are compliant with the relevant Australian standards.
Can security screens be cut?
Emergency escape screens are harder to cut and penetrate, keeping out all unwelcome guests, from burglars to bugs.